Something just recently went wacky with storage.

sportstv

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
This just happened recently, when i go in and add up all the used storage (apps, pictures, downloads.....) i come up with roughly 6 Gb used space, i have a 16GB internal card and a 16Gb removable sd card. but it tells me i only have approx. 3 Gb of space available on the internal storage. which is way wrong should be about 10Gb. the external cards stats are correct ie. 15Gb total space, 5.7Gb available.

So question is , is there an app thats taking control of all that space..7Gb worth.. or is the operating system gone stupid ???

BTW i am on the lastest update Version 4.0.3
kernal 2.6.39.4+

and i'm not rooted.

anybody else seeing the same thing/?

Ron Hebshie

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey there....just noticed the same issue. All of a sudden all app updates failed to download and I got a low disk space warning. This just started out of the blue and it makes no sense.

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Read about this a year ago. I'm sure the solution was a factory reset

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you know what files are taking up this space?

If you don't, download a Free File Explorer to find out

Free from the Play Store:

ES File Explorer File Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5lc3Ryb25ncy5hbmRyb2lkLnBvcCJd

ASTRO File Manager / Browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5tZXRhZ28uYXN0cm8iXQ..

Please post what you files you find that are the largest so we can try to figure it out.

Hope that helps

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
May be related to temporary files and specifically GPS files. Root to gain access or factory reset to clear automatically.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2