A500 with Jellybean Custom ROM

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
After running a custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM in my A500 for the last year, I finally upgraded and installed this Jellybean ROM:

[ROM]Jelly-Bean_4.1.2_CM10-FLEX_v6supercharged_Aroma(22-Nov-2012) - xda-developers

This ROM is based on Cyanogen Mod 10 (Android 4.1.2) and it runs great! I feel like I have a brand new Android Tablet. I did try a few other Jellybean ROMs, but most of them had some quirks (like the keyboard sometimes wouldn't come up) or were laggy, but this ROM is smooth.

One thing to note: To upgrade to any Jellybean Custom ROM you'll need to have your Acer A500 with the unlocked ICS bootloader. At first I didn't have the unlocked bootloader and when I booted up my A500 after installing one of the Jellybean ROMs it would get stuck at the "Acer" boot up screen. Just a tip in case you have difficulty installing Jellybean ROMs.

LordZilo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
After running a custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM in my A500 for the last year, I finally upgraded and installed this Jellybean ROM:

[ROM]Jelly-Bean_4.1.2_CM10-FLEX_v6supercharged_Aroma(22-Nov-2012) - xda-developers

This ROM is based on Cyanogen Mod 10 (Android 4.1.2) and it runs great! I feel like I have a brand new Android Tablet. I did try a few other Jellybean ROMs, but most of them had some quirks (like the keyboard sometimes wouldn't come up) or were laggy, but this ROM is smooth.

One thing to note: To upgrade to any Jellybean Custom ROM you'll need to have your Acer A500 with the unlocked ICS bootloader. At first I didn't have the unlocked bootloader and when I booted up my A500 after installing one of the Jellybean ROMs it would get stuck at the "Acer" boot up screen. Just a tip in case you have difficulty installing Jellybean ROMs.

A little outdated. TegraOwners has 4.2 for A500.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca