icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Precisely what are you talking about when you say "Signal Filtering"???

My GPS worked out of the box on day one.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine said I had to have a network connection. Will this fix this issue or is this a limitation of the hardware? I was under the impression that it was a true GPS module, not AGPS.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine said I had to have a network connection. Will this fix this issue or is this a limitation of the hardware? I was under the impression that it was a true GPS module, not AGPS.

You say that as if AGPS was not at true GPS.

Precisely WHAT said you had to have a network connection?
Maps? The weather widget? Well DUH!

Charlesleonard

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that you said that you are using Google maps/navigation, a reminder, Google is Cloud based,therefore you will always need a data connection to use them. A free app that I have found to test GPS sensors is Navit, found in the market. It works well on Android and is free. You can then test your GPS away from wifi or other data connections. Hopefully this will help. Please let us know how you make out.

Charlesleonard

May 17, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, AGPS uses cell towers to determine your location. At least this is how the 3G IPads work. Therefore you need a data connection for it to work. Regular GPS uses the satellites directly to determine the position. You may need to download one of the free maps from the Android market. I like " Navit". This does use the GPS sensor. Another app is CoPilot. I may be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will let me know. ;)

Last edited:

tdelta1000

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering where you see this GPS settings listed at. I have yet to find such a menu on my A500.

These settings can be found after the A500 acquire a GPS signal. To hopefully acquire a signal, go outside and wait a few minutes and it should acquire a signal. After getting the signal, tap on the icon in the upper right side of the display to enter those settings.:cool:

tankstrr

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
These settings can be found after the A500 acquire a GPS signal. To hopefully acquire a signal, go outside and wait a few minutes and it should acquire a signal. After getting the signal, tap on the icon in the upper right side of the display to enter those settings.:cool:

I think the confusion is coming from the fact that you didn't specify which app you are running when you change these settings.

Which app are you using?

lesleyhoenig

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that you said that you are using Google maps/navigation, a reminder, Google is Cloud based,therefore you will always need a data connection to use them. A free app that I have found to test GPS sensors is Navit, found in the market. It works well on Android and is free. You can then test your GPS away from wifi or other data connections. Hopefully this will help. Please let us know how you make out.

You can use GPS without a data connection, but if you want to navigate, you have to have a data connection when you obtain the initial directions, once the directions are downloaded, you should be able to navigate without a data connection, at least I have been able to do so with my phone when roaming where I have no data connection whatsoever.

cwstonewall

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
in google maps my location is prince albert canada I stood outside and I am connected to a networkbut it won't give me my current location , anyone else have this prob thanks

Charlesleonard

May 17, 2011
Visit site
in google maps my location is prince albert canada I stood outside and I am connected to a networkbut it won't give me my current location , anyone else have this prob thanks

For what it's worth, my 32gb iconia took less then to find my location using copilot. Yesterday the same. The only issue I have is that when using GPS with brightest screen in my truck I only get 5-6 hours on the battery. You do need a clear view of the sky but other then that mine works fine.

cwstonewall

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, my 32gb iconia took less then to find my location using copilot. Yesterday the same. The only issue I have is that when using GPS with brightest screen in my truck I only get 5-6 hours on the battery. You do need a clear view of the sky but other then that mine works fine.
thanks I"ll try that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol