Hey everyone! Just picked mine up a couple days ago after giving up waiting on the transformer. So far its everything I thought it would be other than a few software quirks that I hope can get fixed. 1: sometimes after I sleep the tablet, the screen will wake itself on and off-weird. 2: when charging, my battery percentage will not update. After charging for few hours and wake the screen, it will still say whatever percentage I started charging it at, then unlock screen and battery % is at where it should-annoying. 3: the usual buggines of this early software that I can live with but hopefully 3.1 fixes these.
    Anyways thx fellas and looking forward to being part of this community
    btw, luv the "thumb keyboard" from market on this thing
    amc_oldsarge likes this.
    05-11-2011 11:04 PM
    Yeah just picked up one yesterday. Have not had it long enough to see the quirks you've experienced. Waking up from sleep is no doubt an app fetching internet data. No big deal. So far I'm pleased. Think I'll go get the new keyboard app you mentioned.
    05-15-2011 03:37 PM
    Hey everyone! Just picked mine up a couple days ago after giving up waiting on the transformer. So far its everything I thought it would be other than a few software quirks that I hope can get fixed. 1: sometimes after I sleep the tablet, the screen will wake itself on and off-weird. 2: when charging, my battery percentage will not update. After charging for few hours and wake the screen, it will still say whatever percentage I started charging it at, then unlock screen and battery % is at where it should-annoying. 3: the usual buggines of this early software that I can live with but hopefully 3.1 fixes these.
    Anyways thx fellas and looking forward to being part of this community
    btw, luv the "thumb keyboard" from market on this thing
    For 1, Acer knows this is an issue and has promised a fix in an upcoming update in June.
    For 2, I havent noticed this issue -- very strange. I'll have to start looking at mine more closely.
    For 3, I noticed some bugginess at first with lag and issues with the market not correctly installing/downloading apps. Someone on XDA mentioned doing a device reset as soon as you get the device. I did this several days after I had mine and it seemed to noticibly help with those issues.

I have the beta version of SwiftKey for Tablets and I must say it is awesome. Overall this is a great device!
    05-15-2011 09:32 PM
    For 1, Acer knows this is an issue and has promised a fix in an upcoming update in June.
    For 2, I havent noticed this issue -- very strange. I'll have to start looking at mine more closely.
    For 3, I noticed some bugginess at first with lag and issues with the market not correctly installing/downloading apps. Someone on XDA mentioned doing a device reset as soon as you get the device. I did this several days after I had mine and it seemed to noticibly help with those issues.

I have the beta version of SwiftKey for Tablets and I must say it is awesome. Overall this is a great device!
    Ya I noticed the market issues too....dunno if I wanna device reset after having everything the way I like it......forgot about the swiftkey beta keyboard
    05-16-2011 06:05 PM
    +1 I wholeheartedly agree
    05-16-2011 06:12 PM
    Ya I noticed the market issues too....dunno if I wanna device reset after having everything the way I like it......forgot about the swiftkey beta keyboard
    Try going into Application settings and clearing data on the Market. Maybe this will help a bit.
    05-16-2011 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD