Iconia Wifi?

Payne78

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey Iconia owners. I'm looking to purchase an Android tablet. I really like the Acer over the other tablets, though I was also considering the Asus, but I really want a USB port. My only concern at this time for the Acer is the wifi. I've read some reviews saying the built in wifi has a weak signal compared to other devices. Can you guys confirm or deny this?

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Mine won't be arriving until tomorrow, but it couldn't possibly be worse than iPad. I can be in the same room as my router and the iPad drops the signal. I can only hope for nothing worse than a poor antenna.

Viralwhite

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Iconia owners. I'm looking to purchase an Android tablet. I really like the Acer over the other tablets, though I was also considering the Asus, but I really want a USB port. My only concern at this time for the Acer is the wifi. I've read some reviews saying the built in wifi has a weak signal compared to other devices. Can you guys confirm or deny this?

I've had my Iconia for almost a week now, and I must say that I have not been plagued with any wifi problems. I've read that a handful of people are having problems where the wifi loses several bars after only a couple of feet. I myself however have gone all the way to the other side of the house and have only lost a bar, maybe two if I was in a confined room, like a closet.

I would recommend trying it and seeing what you get. I have a feeling your signal will be fine. The Acer Iconia is a great tablet!

wanderer82680

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i get better wifi signal on iconia then i do on my n usb dongle attached to my desktop. that is through two walls opposite end of the house. I have only had one issue with it dropping signal suddenly, hasn't done it but the one time. I would say it has great wifi signal

sbkeep

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Acer for a couple weeks and have had no issues with the wifi. It works throughout my house and when I use my Evo as a hotspot.

Willious

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It's funny you ask that question, Payne78. I just bought an Iconia A500 and I am having trouble with my wifi. This is the situation. My bedroom is on the other end of the house from the router and usually only has one bar signal. The PC can pick it up fine, as can the iPhone. However, the Iconia picks the signal up fleetingly and never locks onto it. Very frustrating. I'd perhaps wait for the version with 3G included if I had it to do over again.

To add to that, at work and other places with very strong Wifi signals the wifi works well, but usually seems to have at least a bar of signal less than any other device I connect with. I suppose that explains why my one bar reduces down to nothing.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I just got my A500 yesterday. I also own an iPad that has the chronic iPad wifi issues. I tested both side by side at the opposite ends of the house from my router where the signal is weakest for an hour. The iPad kept dropping the wifi connection, the Acer A500 never dropped it. Page rendering was 3 to 4 times as fast on the A500 as on the iPad. I could easily stream Youtube on the Acer and could not on the iPad.

I have found the wifi reception and reliability to be excellent on the A500.

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
US owners just got an update that is rumored to fix this. Version 1.141.07. I created a thread specifically about the update and will post findings there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670