Download PDF doesn't work

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you specify exactly what steps you're taking? Where are you trying to get the PDF from and what browser are you using?

Myronbg

May 20, 2011
Visit site
The PDF is my Amex statement. Browser is what came with the a500. It downloads, but not as a pdf, just the "document.htm". The next one was "document - 1.htm" (& so on). I have inported PDF files from my PC so maybe it's downloading to this browser is the issue. Curious if anyone else has this problem & if so a solution

I forgot to include where the download goes/does. I go to my downloads where they're listed. When I select one I get the following options (none are Adobe reader) : file editor; (file icon) HTML Viewer); (Android icon) HTMLVIEWER; Opera Mobile (just installed); & (file icon) Text editor. All gave similar results, non-readable text .

Last edited:

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
It seems that the website is trying to redirect you to a download page for the PDF rather than download the actual pdf itself. When you follow the steps on your desktop does it redirect you to a download page?

Myronbg

May 20, 2011
Visit site
well I found the problem & solution. As I previously noted I installed Opera mobile (for tablet which I really like) & volla (sp) it works!

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, glad to hear. FWIW, I have/use 4 browsers: stock, Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD, and Miren. They each have benefits the others don't. Hope you're enjoying your Iconia. It's a great device. It's left my netbook and laptop collecting dust. :)

Myronbg

May 20, 2011
Visit site
My DInc is now relegated to when I'm not @ home & my PC for just a few things. BTW, I'm enjoying this forum. I too had a Storm (after many years with Palm devices), & couldn't wait to get rid of it & the Crackberry forums & plethora of hybrid OS's.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers