Just picked up the Acer from Target, $ 449.00 no price breaks from Target or Office Depot I see....have not had much of a chance to play with it yet except to load it up with apps but so far it's great! will be happy to give my own review over the next fews days as I get into it. I've been lurking long enough, should put in my own 2 cents.
    Gave up waiting for the Transformer and besides the Acer has the 2.0 usb which is a big plus but a little disapointed that it does not charge on the micro usb and can't find a 'reliable/trustworthy' car charger, guess I have to wait to industry to catch up on the tablets. Also looking for a good quality car mount kit, not suction cups as they won't work in my truck.
    Thanks guys for running this forum and helping some of us to make the right decision on which tablet to drop our coin on.
    05-25-2011 04:45 PM
    Welcome to the Iconia family! I too picked it up after tiring of the wait for the Transformer. I could have taken it back for the TF, but I kept it and don't regret it one bit.

Word of advice, do a factory reset before you load it up and customize it too much. I noticed mine ran a lot smoother than it did out of the box.
    quadcam#CB likes this.
    05-25-2011 11:32 PM
    Thanks though not having any lag issues except on wifi and that may be the connection, I'm going to run a week so so before doing a factory reset, after a factory reset, do u still retain the preinstalled software?
    05-26-2011 11:24 AM
    Yes, fortunately or unfortunately depending on if you like the programs or not. I don't use Aupeo and don't like Clear.fi as it only supports mp4 video. PlayOn works a lot better for me, but it's a monthly fee. Worth it imho, though.
    05-26-2011 12:18 PM
    Thanks, I'll see how it does over the next fews weeks before doing a reset, I don't mind setting it all back up agian, that's part of the fun.
    No lag issues so far except on wifi as I mentioned before and the occasional forced error but I think that's the weak wifi signal I'm using, we'll see how it does.
    05-26-2011 04:38 PM
    Quad welcome to the fold... It is a little difficult in find a longer power cord, a replacement cord or even a car charger. I too agree with the choice to go with the A500.
    05-27-2011 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD