Games on your Acer A500?

Fungii

May 31, 2011
Visit site
So what games are you guys playing/enjoyingon your Acer? Has anyone tried the games already installed, as i've been having to much fun dng other things on my tablet and haven't gotten around to look at them.

I bought the Riptide GP game because I loved hydro thunder.
The price on it is a bit more than us Androidians are used to, but wow. This game really showcases the power of our tablets. I kept coming in last because I was looking at the environment and marvelling at how gorgeous it looks. The gameplay is pretty fun, tilting your tablet to turn and such. We do need more high quality devs for Android so why not support them. IMO well worth it, it's console quality for a fraction of the console price.

Other game i've been indulging in is Robotek from Hexage (Radiant, Evac). Game play can get repetitive but hey its free and sticks to Hexages eye catching color usage and fitting ambience music. I went ahead and gave them 3 bucks (option to give 1, 2, 3 bucks anc gives you a few little extra features as a thanks from them). I did this because I love Hexage and their continued support of Android. They release their games on Android first before iOS and Win7. A great dev that does this deserves my donation money.

Haven't tried the Gameloft games yet, maybe someone else has and can shed a little light on it.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm still addicted to Angry Birds, Need for Speed is just ok, and of course I started Plants vs Zombies -free from Amazon today.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Dungeon defenders, plants vs zombies, some angry birds, and I agree with c.hack, need for speed is okay. Picked up gun bros, and it's meh. Very repetitive without much incentive to keep going after a while.

Does anyone know of any good RPGs to play?

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Call me old school but I've mostly been playing my Snes and Genesis games using the recently removed emulators. Can't wait for usb support to be expanded with 3.1 so I can use my Xbox controller. :)

Tabs are a way better form factor for emulation than phones, IMHO. :)

Fungii

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow thanks, I didn,'t even think to try my emulator on my tablet. Did you try the ps1 emulatir ir just the snes and genesis ones?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Air Attack HD and Fruit Ninja work well. I haven't installed Angry Birds on my Iconia because I'm honestly kind of over Angry birds-

happyhorsefeet

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Call me old school but I've mostly been playing my Snes and Genesis games using the recently removed emulators. Can't wait for usb support to be expanded with 3.1 so I can use my Xbox controller. :)

where what who how and why
what emunialtor do you use for the iconia a500
where can I get a rom to work with that emuninator
basiclly I got this tablet but have been spending my all of my free time trying to figure how to get things to work on it.
Ive tried snes9x ex snes emulator lite, snes a.d.
I tried roms for doperoms.com that work on my computer win 7 64 with snes9x
don't know what the deal is unless they encode it differant to work for android on the iconia a500
scratching my head:'(

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
where what who how and why
what emunialtor do you use for the iconia a500
where can I get a rom to work with that emuninator
basiclly I got this tablet but have been spending my all of my free time trying to figure how to get things to work on it.
Ive tried snes9x ex snes emulator lite, snes a.d.
I tried roms for doperoms.com that work on my computer win 7 64 with snes9x
don't know what the deal is unless they encode it differant to work for android on the iconia a500
scratching my head:'(

They used to be on the market but theyve been removed, ill put them in my dropbox for ya tomorrow.

I have to recommend Battleheart. Its an RTS based game with RPG elements. The dev is really cool, too.That one is in the market and Tablet optimized.

Jovian

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've gone ULTRA old school! I downloaded BlowTorch and returned to MUDing. :) ahh... the good old days. I'm trying to get into Vendetta Online, but it's not clicking with me. Pocket Legends isn't bad, but gets repetitive really quick.

mviars

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you like old school RPG try Gurk it is free in the market then if you like it buy Gurk II it is a much bigger game with more options.

mviars

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried the wiimote controller app yet? This way your wireless and I think you can use the classic controller with it. Combine that with your HDMI mirroring and you have yourself a portable gaming system.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had it very long, but I did play some Angry Birds on a 42' screen, lol. Couldn't resist! Actually been liking goGolf, but then I'm not a huge gamer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome