10-21-2011 12:49 PM
49 12
tools
    I have had the Targus case for about a week now and it has worked great for me. So far the quality is good and it is perfect for what I use it for (mainly have it propped on my desk to watch movies and surf the web). I actually went to BB looking to buy the stock iconia case but saw this one instead...so glad I chose this one.
    08-01-2011 05:07 PM
    You need to check out this case, I bought it and its probably the best 20 bones I've spent

Amazon.com: CaseCrown Bold Standby Case for Acer ICONIA TAB A500 Series Tablet: Electronics

Be warned this is a faux leather case, just in case you don't want leather.
    I really debated on whether to purchase the case I listed on my previous post or this one. I am glad you like it. Does it add much Bulk? That was the one thing I didn't like about the Targus case.
    08-02-2011 08:21 AM
    I really debated on whether to purchase the case I listed on my previous post or this one. I am glad you like it. Does it add much Bulk? That was the one thing I didn't like about the Targus case.
    It actually doesn't add that much bulk, its very easy to fit in narrow spaces like in a bookshelf or something, and it feels very sturdy.
    08-03-2011 02:56 PM
    I just ordered this one:
    Black Executive Case 4 Acer Iconia A500 Tablet + Bonus! - eBay (item 170653206729 end time Aug-09-11 00:10:08 PDT)

I liked how it had cut outs for the speakers when it is opened.
    Received this yesterday. Itís exactly what I wanted. The design for the speakers to not be blocked doesn't add any additional thickness. It seems it will provide protection without adding much bulk.
    08-04-2011 09:24 AM
    Received this yesterday. Itís exactly what I wanted. The design for the speakers to not be blocked doesn't add any additional thickness. It seems it will provide protection without adding much bulk.
    I have the same one. It's awsome. It makes you feel comfortable setting it on a table and know that it's not going to get all scratched up. I've noticed that the inside of the flap actually seems cleans the screen from the finger prints.
    08-04-2011 09:53 AM
    headphone jack accessible?
    08-07-2011 12:03 PM
    headphone jack accessible?
    YES!!!
    08-07-2011 03:06 PM
    I got the Belkin Slim Folio Stand from Target when I got my 500. Cost $30.
    It's a decent case (All ports & controls are accessible) but I wasn't impressed at all using it as a stand. Because it doubles as a stand the flap is extra long and it's a real pain - It seems like it's always in the way.
    The first time you put your 500 in it it's tight as hell - It doesn't feel like you're ever gonna get it in there - but it loosens up a little bit after a few removals & re-insertions.
    If it's the only thing you can get it doesn't completely suck but it isn't great either.
    08-17-2011 06:38 AM
    Got this case today and so far i love it! It fits perfect while sitting and justs surfing. Makes the whole a500 experience more enjoyable!
    08-20-2011 11:49 PM
    I just ordered this one:
    Black Executive Case 4 Acer Iconia A500 Tablet + Bonus! - eBay (item 170653206729 end time Aug-09-11 00:10:08 PDT)

I liked how it had cut outs for the speakers when it is opened.
    I ordered this one and just received it today. Love the the case, and wish I would have gotten one the day after I got the tab. Totally changes the tablet experience. instead of holding the tab, you just adjust the case so that the angle is good for you and set it on your lap. sooooooooooo much easier!! not sure if I care for the "bonus" item (screen protector), it is a dry antiglare type which does kill the glare and makes my "slide it" keyboard very smooth to use, but it also makes this considerably more "fuzzy" and I an not sure if I care for this type of view.....

So the screen protector may not make the cut, but I sure do love three case. great build quality, doesn't add too much bulk, and all ports are accessible.

Russ
    08-25-2011 08:12 PM
    08-26-2011 07:32 PM
    Just received the rooCase Ultra Slim case today and love it. I wanted the thinnest case for my tab and this one fits the bill. You slip the tablet into the form fitting pocket vs holding it on via bendable tabs. All ports are accessible and there are slits for the speakers. Functions well in stand mode as well, although it's one-position only. A don't care for me. Two thumbs up for this case.
    08-26-2011 09:56 PM
    Has anyone used or seen this case, HHI Acer Iconia Tab A500 Multi Angle 360 Stand Up Case Cover - Black. It sounds tempting. Until Sept. 15th, if you enter the code "acericonia360", you can save seven dollars.
    08-27-2011 09:15 PM
    Just got the Targus case after reading about it here (Best Buy, $30) and it's great. Very durable, all ports exposed, though the speaker openings are a little bit covered. Since I would never use those for any serious listening (c'mon, seriously?) It's not an issue. I am a happy camper!
    08-28-2011 02:05 PM
    I bought the Acer case for mine...I bought it at Staples for $40 they have them at wal mart too same price. It doubles as a stand and all the ports are accessible, pretty slim too.
    08-29-2011 09:35 PM
    I bought the Acer case for mine...I bought it at Staples for $40 they have them at wal mart too same price. It doubles as a stand and all the ports are accessible, pretty slim too.
    Yeah, I bought that one as well when I bought the tablet, but when I started using it, I just wasn't feeling "protected." I much prefer the additional padding the Targus one offers. My Acer case is now gathering dust.
    09-01-2011 04:44 PM
    I just ordered a silicone case from TPD Gear on Ebay.
    I plan to use it while standing so i did not want to have some flap hanging while trying to use it, but wanted some protection.
    09-02-2011 02:44 PM
    Yeah, I bought that one as well when I bought the tablet, but when I started using it, I just wasn't feeling "protected." I much prefer the additional padding the Targus one offers. My Acer case is now gathering dust.
    Yeah but there was only this one and a big ugly leather one at the 3 places I looked...I didn't wanna buy it but didn't have any other option at the time and wanted a case cuz my 2 year old uses it more than I do lol
    09-02-2011 09:32 PM
    So after having my iconia along with my targus case for a day I am enjoying both. I think this case is great. Also getting pretty decent with the andoid keyboard.
    09-02-2011 09:37 PM
    So after having my iconia along with my targus case for a day I am enjoying both. I think this case is great. Also getting pretty decent with the andoid keyboard.
    Ha! Wish I could say the same! I even installed Swype and I still make far too many errors. Hopefully, that will change soon!
    09-03-2011 09:40 AM
    I have the Targus Truss case for the Iconia and it works really well. My only complaint is the weight. It protects well and is well designed, and I love the leather. But, given that the Icionia is rather heavy itself, the weight with the case and Iconia together is substantial.

With that being said, I would love to find a lighter weight case for some of my travel. For general use the Targus is a winner.

Todd
    09-06-2011 02:18 PM
    Got mine at Walmart seems fine, added some velcro dots works fine
    Mark
    09-11-2011 02:00 PM
    I got a similar one by roocase. I really like it and got for $25 on amazon.
    10-03-2011 08:49 PM
    I looked at this case and chose not to get it because I was afraid the elastic closure would annoy me. Has that happened for any of you?
    Wasn't pleased with the elastic closure either, so I cut it off and use a narrow elastic head band...fits perfectly! Bought a multi-colored pack of 6 at WM for less than $3!
    10-21-2011 12:49 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD