What do you guys think does a 7" tablet from Acer sound promising?.....I found this at a Walmart in Sacramento CA.... Will we finally have a 7" tablet running Honeycomb?
    06-17-2011 01:03 PM
    i thought honeycomb was optomized for 10 inch displays?

for $349 it still seems a little too much for a 7 inch tablet.
    i played with the HTC 7inch at BestBuy. felt like i was holding a slightly larger phone. just wasn't impressed with that little of screen space for that much money.
    06-17-2011 01:30 PM
    Acer has been working on the A100 for bit (information was released on it around February, I think). They couldn't release it until Android 3.1 Honeycomb could be set up and better optimized for 7" screens. Give me a bit, and I'll get back with a few links that describe it.
    06-17-2011 01:46 PM
    Acer ICONIA TAB A100 specs - Phone Arena
    Acer Iconia Tab A100 - Full phone specifications

That's the specs they mentioned when it was first announced. Those were posted back in February. It was suppose to be released in April, but Acer pushed it back because they couldn't get 3.0 to work on it, but I think they got it with Android 3.1, or they just decided to wait for Ice Cream Sandwich. I can't seem to find the articles mentioning the 3.1 bit, but I'm on a heavy proxy so I can't read about 90% of the articles I'm trying to read.
    06-17-2011 02:06 PM