Any luck teathering?

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck teathering? I am using a rooted OG Droid with wireless teather.

We have tried...

Regular wireless teathering, the droid wireless network will not show up. I expected this.

Tried to teather via Bluetooth. They pair, but will not connect.

Any ideas?

Jason

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I use Wireless Tether from my EVO with no issues. What version of Wireless Tether are you running? It is known that the Iconia does not support ad-hoc wifi connections, but I didnt think that Wireless Tether created a connection in this manner.

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am using version 2.0.7. What is adhoc tethering?
Ad Hoc is a peer to peer form of networking where the two devices connect directly to eachother instead of the internet capable device acting as a hotspot. It could be that the Droid only works as ad hoc. I have 2.07 and can connect with my EVO. Do you have any other devices you can try tethering to your Droid? That way we can resolve whether its the phone or the tab.

The tab does not have the correct Bluetooth profile to support Bluetooth tethering. I tried withmy EVO with no success.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the Droid can only work as an adhoc device. I had one and that was the only complaint I had with it. I think that's why it was said by Verizon that it couldn't tether. Honeycomb can't use adhoc connections, either, just like it can't use bluetooth tethering.

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using pdanet tablet to tether the Evo to the Iconia, both are stock, the evo is acting as the server, the iconia as the client and running through bluetooth. Pda does not work via usb cable.

Others have had success with the Droid's by running in airplane mode &/or clearing the proxy after setting the proxy for pdanet tablet. An odd work around.

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are custom ROMs being developed that will enable adhoc support. Ill post when i find out which one (assuming you want to go that route).

batmanyoda

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I use the mobile AP on my AT&T Captivate with great results. Umfortunately, its pricey imo and hammers the phone battery! Still deciding if its worth it...

scottsdca

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I had great luck tethering my OG droid to the Acer iconia A500 I bought my mom for her birthday. There's a beta app- pdanet for tablets. Follow the instructions when you run it. You install it on both tablet and phone and tether through bluetooth. Worked pretty well. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz