Oh crud... broke the adapter tip.

Jovian

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I thought this day would come, but I didn't think it would be so soon. I broke the adapter tip and half of it is stuck inside the tablet. I think I can get it out, but I was wondering if anyone knows where to order it. I searched this forum and found a few posts on it and some suggestions, but was wondering if anyone has any further experiences and reliable source. I will try Radio Shack from the posts, but I usually have a bad experience with them.

DCoy82

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Walmart and I believe also Best Buy sell the charger cable. I think on best buy but I know for a fact Walmart does.

Fungii

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I had mine break too (the faceplate) so since no one that I know of sells just the faceplate for the charger I had to shop around for the travel kit. I went to BH photo and it's a little cheaper than Walmart and Best Buy. Granted its a few bucks but still. The shipping was free and (and no sales tax as oposed to buying it from a physical store) took about 3 business days to arrive. Works perfectly and the charger is exactly the same as the original (no extended length sadly)
The link is below if you or anyone else is interested.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tml/BI/20079/KBID/13844/SID/UUacUvbUpU1046137

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

quickrunner

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same exact problem; after it happened I thought I have to be kidding me. Had I know of this issue I certainly would not have bought the tablet. Just seems that the tip would breaks way to easy. There should be a way to just buy a new tip and redo the wiring and not spend the $25 on a new plug.

baddog992

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
How is your breaking a tip on the adapter the fault of the tablet? I own many devices and have never broke the AC adapter. I can understand you being mad but blaming the tablet seems strange.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Use an extremly small fish hook to pull the broken adapter out.

Adapters can be bought anywhere, check the voltage and + - orientation on your original. Most new aftermarket chargers can be bought much cheaper than an original. And as they are auto-switching, they can be used on multiple devices as they usually include several pin-outs.

Anybody who has ever owned newer Nokia's, can testify about breaking the pin....;)

tdelta1000

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The same happened to me so I went the Radio Shack at the time and picked up an enercell 12v 1.5a adapter.

After breaking the adater tip, did anyone experienced any isseues with the connector on the tablet? If so how would we go about getting that repaired? Just asking if it happens in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995