I download music and I see the download on the home screen but after I play it the link goes away and I don't know where to find the download
    04-09-2016 03:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where are you downloading music from? Is it one of the major music services, or some random website? Do you see the file in the Downloads app, or in the Download directory using a file manager app? If you used a specific app, it might have its own specific download directory.

A word about "free mp3 downloader" apps or sites (in case that's what you're using)--those are of questionable legality. The Terms of Service on one site I looked at specifies that (a) none of the music is on their server, which means they essentially search other filesharing servers for the music, and that means no vetting for malware, and (b) the site is intended for "fact finding," and the user must delete any downloaded music after fact finding is done. Otherwise the user is essentially stealing the music (unless it's public domain--and no current popular music is public doman). Of course, there's no way for them to enforce that, so in general here at AC, we discourage using those sites.
    04-10-2016 07:21 PM