i recently installed a system update, the notification bar home and recent button will not work. Another glitch play store continuously says download pending, and no download. I do not have a laptop/desktop, my phone is my only resource. Ive asked around for help, this seems to be my best option. Is more information needed, im new to android central, i apologize, please help.
    01-19-2018 09:48 AM
    If your carrier does phone repairs, and the update came in over the air, bring it to them and ask if they can please reflash only the update (not the whole ROM unless you like backing up and restoring files).

If you manually installed the update, just install it again.

If it's the update itself that has the bug, there's nothing you can do but wait for the next update - the one that fixes the bugs. Until than you could back everything up (which you should have done already - if the phone falls into a lake, gets run over or gets stolen, you lose your data if you don't have it somewhere) then flash the older version of the ROM. (Since you didn't tell us which phone you have, no one can guess which method you use - each manufacturer has its own.) You'd have to have at least a laptop, but you can borrow one for 10 minutes or so - you won't be making any permanent changes to it.

If none of those work for you, you're stuck until the next update.
    01-19-2018 01:17 PM
    i apologize, its an alcatel fierce 4.
    01-19-2018 04:45 PM
    i am assuming it is when i installed the update, not sure. all i know is the issue im having, which is home recent buttons not working notification bar not pulling down.
    ty
    01-19-2018 04:54 PM