So a few days ago i went to the best buy bin and i found this Alcatel One-Touch Evolve and it had no sim card or a back cover but it did have the battery. And when i brought it home the battery kept on falling out. and yes it is the RIGHT battery. so i tried to tape the battery inside the phone, but it wont turn on. and i do have 2 other sim cards if needed. and when i try to charge the phone a white LED light comes on at the top and i dont know what that means... and i dont know if its Water damaged or if the battery is bad. please get a hold of me ASAP!! i really want this phone to work. Thanks!!!
    02-25-2018 12:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In case the phone needs the back cover to be intact, you could buy a replacement cover for about $10: http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=TAWIndqd.

Replacement batteries are also cheap (about $10): https://www.amazon.com/Alcatel-Batte...cUvbUpU6172133. It's hard to know if your battery is actually dead, so it's worth a try.

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if the phone has water damage (unless perhaps if you open the whole thing up).
    thenevaehshow likes this.
    02-25-2018 06:22 PM
    Ok, but when i put on the back cover on the phone does the battery still need to be taped up? and can i tape a old cover from a old phone onto the alcatel??
    02-26-2018 11:48 AM
    My guess is that the battery doesn't have to be taped in place with the back cover on -- but you won't know until you try. Since every phone is different, you really need the back cover designed for that phone in order for it to fit properly.
    thenevaehshow likes this.
    02-26-2018 01:19 PM
    ok great thanks for the tip
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-27-2018 09:05 AM