VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine...

Capable camera
Useful shortcuts on lock screen
Decent battery life
expandable memory (16 GB internal, up to 128 GB external)
Android 8.0
comes with clear bumper case and screen protector

Dislikes:
micro USB
slow charging
Will lag with some games
fingerprint magnet
Camera software needs some retweaking, poor on low light

My time with the 3v has been surprisingly good. To me, you get alot of phone for just $150 USD. The display quality is very good (6 inch IPS LCD), plenty of real estate for apps to play. Videos on it ran just fine, watched a streaming game (World Cup, btw :)), and a number of Netflix videos. Battery life was fairly good, I went through a whole day with average usage...the 3000 mAh size helps. The camera is pretty capable. I got a number of good shots, provided you have enough lighting. As expected for a phone in this price range, low light shots are not that good. If Alcatel can do some updating with their camera software, maybe it can pull off better low-light shots. I like that the phone is fairly thin. It was around the same height and width like my wife's Note 8, narrower than my Pixel 2 XL. The phone looks pricier than other phones in this space, IMO.

My dislikes are when playing games, the chipset can't keep up, causing lagging. But it runs the core apps just fine. I wish it had a USB-C port. I also wished it would charge faster. Usually took me 3 hours or thereabouts to get to full charge from near empty. If you are rocking this phone naked (which I would assume you won't with the provided bumper case and screen protector), fingerprints galore. Having said all this, it should be a phone that you can consider and use daily, not to mention the price is right!

DerseSKA

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
I got mine at Metro by TMobile (formerly known as MetroPCS) for only $40 when you activate a new line. Mine does have a USB-C port and not the Micro-USB which you said yours has. I wish there were more users out there so that there were more Owners Forums to ask for help. I just lost my 512g Samsung Galaxy Note9 and had only bought this phone as a back up in case I ever needed it. Unfortunately, I am now using it as my main phone.

ninexsilver

Jun 22, 2020
Visit site
Idk bout y'all, but this phone has been a total nightmare for me. This has been my first experience purchasing from a cellular store too. Complete total nightmare.
I got the Alcatel 3v from MetroPCS in late April. Returned the first one that was sold to me under their Promise return. It kept restarting on me while in the middle of using it. Wouldn't keep my fingerprint. Never stays connected to the network even though I'm in excellent coverage area by their maps. Settings kept changing on their own. I'd install an app from Google Play Store, use the app, register, log in and what not. Come back to the app later, and it acted as though I was just opening the app for the first time, and acted as though I'd never registered or logged in. Couldn't even find my account on the website, which I thought that was extremely bizarre. My phone calls wouldn't ring or show half time. Text messages either. The list literally goes on. So I returned it, got the same exact kind again, Alcatel 3v or 5032w, after of course being scammed at the Metro store having to pay for another activation fee with a different SIM and all (later to find this was completely unnecessary from Metro HQ.) So the 2nd Alcatel worked fine... For half a day. And it started doing the same exact thing as the one before it. Didn't want to have to deal with my local Metro store (kind of lost it on them), I call Alcatel. Or rather emailed them they called me, blah-zae blah-zae, wanted me to send the phone to them and they would give her a look over, fix her, send her back and of course I'd have to pay 25$ more unnecessary dollars to do it. I didn't send it. Went back to Metro, they order me another Alcatel 3v from some damn where, (was really kicking myself in the butt now, for not just getting the LG Stylo).
So now Im on my 3rd Alcatel 3v and so far I've managed to take almost 45mins to get this post on here due to starting a pre-post , I guess you could say, in Google Keep, because my phone is in one of them restart moods again.
Now, please correct me if I'm wrong, but did I hear or read somewhere right... That these phones come from or made by China? I haven't known how to really deal with this MetroPCS problem, more less the phone itself. First time buyer y'all, all of the language and slang in the cellular world is foreign to me. Ive just been waiting on this upgrade in a week. Be done with this Alcatel BS. But I'm thinking I need to leave Metro for their extremely poor and rude service. They dont even answer their phone in Greer, SC. LIKE NEVER EVER FOR REAL. I mean dang, their a cellular store, you'd think they would know how to answer the phone!!!
They don't even have Alcatel 3v listed on the MetroPCS website for troubleshooting.
I don't understand how I have 216 system apps. But idk nothing.
And can someone please, please tell me exactly what the heck is the Speaker On and Speaker Off option for in the default sms app. Or how do I get my messages to quit going to my sim and how to get it sent to the app where it's suppose to be. Somehow I got 2 Reddit accounts on here, and it won't let me uninstall either one.
THAT AIN'T EVEN HALF OF IT YALL.