Alcatel Fierce 2 XL People Randomly Can't Hear Me Handheld & Speaker too (mute button not engaged)

seasidegal

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Alcatel Fierce 2 XL People Randomly Can't Hear Me Handheld & Speaker too (mute button not engaged)

I have an Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2 XL and it has begun to randomly mute me during calls. I can be chatting along and all of a sudden the other party can't hear me. I have checked the mute button and even clicked it, put it on speaker, etc and that doesn't do anything to help. The mute button wasn't ever engaged in any of the times this has taken place.
It has also happened while using the speaker phone option.
It has become really annoying, especially after spending over 2 hours on hold for Paypal customer service only to get muted ( by my phone) and hung up on by a crappy rep. Who didn't even give me a chance to try correcting the problem. The man hung up within 30 seconds! Mad doesn't even describe how I was when the phone did that again. Anyway, that is another story.

Also, a couple days ago, while speaking to a family member. Everything was fine and then out of the blue, I was unable to hear them at all. They said they could hear me fine. We hung up and called back multiple times. It reoccurred at least 4 times during the additional calls. That is the first occurrence of me not hearing the other party.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I have searched Google and cannot find a solution.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Alcatel Fierce 2 XL People Randomly Can't Hear Me Handheld & Speaker too (mute button not engage

Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen on a wired or Bluetooth headset? If not, then that would suggest a problem with the phone's microphones (although since it also happens on speakerphone, that would suggest a problem with both the primary and secondary mics -- unlikely for both to fail at the same time). If it still happens when using a headset, that would point more to an issue with your network. If signal is poor, you might get intermittent dropouts (which could be just the other person not hearing you). Who's your carrier? Does this happen even in areas with strong signal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs