Popping sound from speakers

tudy88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My Idol 3 have a popping sound from speaker after 2-3 seconds after the music or the sound from it finished. With other words when the speakers shut down the power, sometimes (more then 50%) speakers pops. I notice that is more often in Youtube app or notification sound then in Poweramp app for example (remember: the pops sound i hear only after the sound stops, when playing music there is no problem) . The sound is not so powerfull but you can hear it if you are in a quiet room or if you put the phone closer to the ears. How about you guys? Is my phone defective?

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed it but from what I've read the moto X pure does something similar. I believe it may be a normal function of the sound card as it relates to the software. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Posted via the Android Central App

tudy88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't think is a software issue. All speakers are turning off when they are not in use but on this device seems to pop from time to time. The pop sound like in this video /watch?v=WaEngbZ0Vkw . I think is something electrical or some deffective speakers since you don't hear it on your Idol.

tudy88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
if you can, play a notification for 4-5 times and stay in a quiet room or put the phone close to the ear. And tell me if you hear a pop when speakers turn off.

tudy88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Strange thing. If i set a song as a ringtone, settings and sound - volumes after the song is played i can hear the pop/click sound. If i play exdactly the same song in poweramp player the speakers turns off quietly no pop or clicks. Same with the default music player, no click or pops So in music players i dont get this click/pop sound but in notification,youtube,duolingo and other app i do. I made a hard reset/clear cache, my software is up to date. What could be the problem in the end? I'm confused.
LE: Unlock sound, dial pad sound and touch sound dosen't trigger the pop too, the speakers turn off quietly. Whatsapp conversation tones does sadly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance