Any way to increase phone volume on the Idol 3 4.7"?

PNW123

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I've had the phone for 3 days, and am loving almost everything about it. But I received my first phone call today, and the volume was terrible. I was in a fairly quiet setting, and could barely hear the caller. Had I been outdoors, or in a noisier place, it would have been impossible. Call volume was fine when I tried it using bluetooth through my car speakers. I don't have a bluetooth headset, so don't know how that would work. I need to be reachable by actual phone, not just by text and email, so not being able to hear callers is a deal breaker, unfortunately.

I've seen other mention of this flaw, so am thinking it is not unique to my handset. Does anyone know if there is an intention from Alcatel to fix the phone volume? Other suggestions?

Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure that you turn the volume up while you're on a call. Turning it up when you're not in a phone call turns up the ringer, not the phone voice level.

PNW123

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Make sure that you turn the volume up while you're on a call. Turning it up when you're not in a phone call turns up the ringer, not the phone voice level.

I'm pretty sure I did it correctly (I was desperate to try to hear the caller!), but will double check tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestion!

PNW123

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Any other suggestions?

I just ordered a set of ear buds with microphone and volume control - dunno if that will enable me to turn up the volume above the hardware limitations of the phone itself, but worth a try.

I started to write a post asking about which phone to get instead, but quickly realized that this smartphone already has almost all of both my required and preferred features. So I want to make this one work, if I can just figure out the phone volume!

Posted via the Android Central App

PNW123

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: Turns out, the biggest problem with the phone volume is only for one particular caller. (Some weird interaction between her cell phone and mine.) Other calls, while not loud, are loud enough to hear okay. And of course, the speakerphone is PLENTY loud! Still waiting on the earbuds with volume control - curious to see if that helps at all.

kramertc

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

Any updates to your experience with this phone? I'm strongly considering it but I've read in a couple of reviews (like MobileTechReview) that the call volume is on the low side.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol