process system isn't responding

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does that persist after a reboot? If so, then try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Happy New Year!

skostro

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Still appears in safe mode.
However, it seems to have no effect on operation of phone. Whether I select 'wait' or 'ok'.
Any further suggestions to resolve?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it SystemUI, or just System that isn't responding?

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80vaRyFBK_s

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
This is also happening to me, but not every time. I've had the phone for two years and I assumed this problem was due to my battery being weak. What happens is that the phone suddenly crashes while I am scrolling or something, even though the battery indicator still says half left (or more). When I restart, the battery indicator says empty, and I have this 'process system isn't responding' message. I click wait, and the battery indicator gradually goes up, but never back to 50%: only up to 15% or so, and I soon have to recharge.
I don't know much about Android. How do I back up my data? Just copy it all to my laptop?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sure sounds like a bad battery. What kind of data are you trying to back up? Hopefully a lot of your personal data (like contacts and calendar events) is associated with your Google account (which syncs automatically to the cloud), rather than the local Phone account (which doesn't sync anywhere automatically). But if it isn't, you could probably use Alcatel's Smartsuite program to sync that data with your PC: ALCATEL ONETOUCH-Smart Suites

Vignesh Sasiprasad

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
For me it is not like that since i rooted my phone the message will come Process System isnt responding then after a few seconds it will restart automatically i wipe my cache data and all but it is still going on Please help

Ajowat

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my phone and these are similar to the problem that I'm having but I noticed that you had stopped responding back in January so I'm hoping that you could possibly help me with my issue my phone also is saying system processor not responding and it reboots itself at least 3 to 5 times before I can even get it to stay on no matter if I hit OK or wait.. I have did the safe mode thing and I'm pretty sure the wipe cache thing so I'm thinking it's more like what you said a hardware or firmware problem butt I don't know what I have to do if that's the case.. does that mean my phone's Lost Cause and is now garbage? is there something I can do to fix it and why did it just do this out of the blue? Thank you

Gabdan T672

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
My lg he645 keeps freezing up so bad that removing the battery, sim ect: dosent wk. Process system is't responding won't allow you to reply.

nation888

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
(SOLVED) Must be rooted. Install rom tool box app or use any overclock app and set the minimum to performance and max speed. I have tried everything else the overclock worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz