How do I remove themes (Alcatel A30 fierce)

bLiXy 1

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
I installed a theme that didn't even work, all it did was cause adware... My virus protection can't detect the source of it (I use Malwarebytes) and I can't find the theme

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A theme is wallpaper and icons, so you must have installed something that installed a theme. You can't remove a theme, you mus have wallpaper, even if it's just solid black, and you must have icons. If you don't like the theme you have, you have to replace it.

But your problem is probably the app that installed the theme. Think back to what you installed recently and uninstall any app that may have been the one you installed around the same time.

For themes, you can use the Wallpaper section of your launcher (just long-press a blank spot and choose Wallpapers). For icons, look in Play - search icons. (If your launcher can't take icons (many can't), either stick with the ones you have or, if you find a set you'd like better, install a different launcher., one that can be themed (Many of us use Nova Launcher.)

bLiXy 1

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Well I tried changing my launcher to Nova, and I uninstalled the app that installed the theme, however I'm still getting ads from the previously installed theme

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith