When I first saw this announced, I didn't think it was for me -- it is much smaller than my current microwave and less powerful, only 700 watts. However, my old microwave had been giving me issues, the buttons were failing -- you could typically work around it by setting the time slightly different (the 4 typically wasn't working, so you could set it for 3:59) -- and I had been planning to replace it for the last year.

I ended up deciding to take a chance on it, though. My children are grown and no longer live with me, so I don't really need the larger microwave anymore. The lower power rating is more an inconvenience -- I'll have to re-learn how long to cook things, and likely for a slightly longer time. So I went ahead a pre-ordered it.

Fast forward to today, when the microwave arrived. Setup was relatively simple; you have to have the Alexa app on your phone (and have an Echo in your house), you press the "2" on the microwave to start the Bluetooth and start the Alexa app on your phone. The Alexa app then discovers the microwave and sends the set up information (such as WiFi info).

One oddity of the set up process, at least to me, was that it offered to order popcorn for me, and then automatically reorder it as you start running low (based on the number of times you've asked Alexa to microwave popcorn).

The voice commands seem to work well, so far, including those directed to my Echo in another room. I'm interested to see how it works for me over the next month or so, with holiday cooking.
    hallux likes this.
    11-14-2018 06:52 PM