So far, a couple of wishes I would have...

- Aux out. It would be nice to be able to hook the Echo into a larger sound system for playing music. Then again, I guess it may be odd to hear all commands/responses through a full system. I guess, as long as it plays through the Echo speaker AND the AUX out then when the sound system is off you would just here the Echo speaker?

- Mini Echos. Not sure how, but if there was maybe mini-echos which were simple mic/speaker combo that plug in to outlets around your house. That way, you could walk around and talk/listen to the Echo throughout the house. Maybe not everyone would want to hear everything throughout the house, but those people wouldn't have to buy the mini-Echos.

- #1 & #2 could possibly be combined by offering a "mini-Echo aux out" that connects to a stereo - this would keep from out-dating this echo style already.
    07-06-2015 10:26 AM
    Have you tried to use Bluetooth to connect to Echo? I connect my ipod and play my playlists.
    01-27-2016 03:49 PM
    Sounds like Echo Dot does some of what you want.... Mini and audio out any way

Posted via nexus 6p project FI
    KahneFan likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:38 PM
    I would love to have the ability to use an echo/echo dot combo as an intercom.
    03-08-2016 01:49 PM
    I would love to have the ability to use an echo/echo dot combo as an intercom.
    It's one way, but, keep the remote on you and say "Simon says (insert what you want to say)" and it will repeat exactly what you've said. It's fun to mess with people that way :-D
    03-08-2016 03:48 PM
    It's one way, but, keep the remote on you and say "Simon says (insert what you want to say)" and it will repeat exactly what you've said. It's fun to mess with people that way :-D
    It's a "wish list", no? I don't know that there is any communication between echo and echo dot and, presumably, I won't learn until April.
    03-08-2016 04:47 PM
    It's a "wish list", no? I don't know that there is any communication between echo and echo dot and, presumably, I won't learn until April.
    You are correct, just throwing the "simon says" feature out there. But, it is definitely far from a true 2-way intercom.
    03-09-2016 09:10 AM
    You are correct, just throwing the "simon says" feature out there. But, it is definitely far from a true 2-way intercom.
    So you are suggesting that I can tell echo Simon says in one room and it will repeat it on echo dot in another room? That is very surprising.
    03-09-2016 01:57 PM
    ...keep the remote on you and...
    So you are suggesting that I can tell echo Simon says in one room and it will repeat it on echo dot in another room? That is very surprising.
    No. I do not know that it would work from Echo to Dot. I mentioned keeping the remote on/near you. Someone in another post said they keep the remote on them while doing yard work so they can say "Simon says (Wife's name), please bring me a drink" (or whatnot) and it will work as a 1-way intercom while they are outside in the yard.

I suggested a feature which does not appear to suite your needs.
    03-10-2016 03:26 PM