I really like my Echo (got a second one and a Dot on order.) But coming from music subscription services, Prime Music is really lacking. I have uploaded all my personal music to Amazon Music and supplemented missing albums with Prime music (if available)...since the Echo now works with Spotify, I quickly started up an account and love the wealth of additional music we can play on command on the Echo.

I was wondering if anyone else does the same? Ideally, I'd love to see Prime expand to the level of other subscription services. Or at least allow Google Music on voice command.

And let me say this...I find Amazon Music, as a service, to be fairly good. The Windows Desktop app is nice and the Android app works well for me.
    05-02-2016 02:31 PM
    Amazon serves my needs well. However I don't listen to much mainstream/pop stuff. They have a nice selection of alt/indie music.
    05-02-2016 03:18 PM
    Amazon serves my needs well. However I don't listen to much mainstream/pop stuff. They have a nice selection of alt/indie music.
    Well, this can make a while other topic/post but I am trying to do a digital detox...would like to make Amazon my preferred cloud/entertainment provider...I still need OneDrive and I am a Plex User but besides all of that, I don't really need to have Spotify, Groove (it was prepaid through 2017) and Google Music. You can have too many thing to to care for...
    05-02-2016 03:34 PM
    What I like best about Amazon is that I'm already paying for it so there is no added expense. The downside is the lack of sharing. I'm currently using a six month free subscription to play music but when that is up I think I will subscribe to the family plan so I can share with my wife and sons.
    05-02-2016 04:04 PM
    What I like best about Amazon is that I'm already paying for it so there is no added expense. The downside is the lack of sharing. I'm currently using a six month free subscription to play music but when that is up I think I will subscribe to the family plan so I can share with my wife and sons.
    Yes...I use the PLAY MUSIC family plan...and I didn't look, but there might be an IFTTT recipe for Google Music on the Echo.
    05-02-2016 04:34 PM