"Alexa, play (thinking for two seconds) Jimi Hendrix." The echo lights up when I say "Alexa, play" and then if I don't say something immediately - like less than a second and half - it says "Here's a station we think you'll like" and then plays stuff that I do like, but not what I was asking for.

I really am not a slow talker and I don't have a speech problem. The speech recognition should be a little more tolerant. Maybe give two or three seconds.
    05-08-2016 07:45 PM
    I have run into this a few times. Just have try make sure you know what to ask for before you begin to speak.
    05-08-2016 07:53 PM
    Yes. I have no problem using the Echo if I run the phrase through my head before I say it. But that is not really natural. If Amazon added a little more tolerance for pauses Alexa would be more human like.
    thejesse likes this.
    05-08-2016 08:13 PM
    Yes. I have no problem using the Echo if I run the phrase through my head before I say it. But that is not really natural. If Amazon added a little more tolerance for pauses Alexa would be more human like.
    I wouldn't say it's not natural. If I'm wanting to hear music, I'm probably already thinking 'I want to hear some Journey type music' - Alexa, play the Journey station. Or, 'I'm in the mood for some George Straight' - Alexa, play the George Straight Station. I personally don't start talking to Alexa unless I have in my head what I'm looking for.
    05-12-2016 10:59 AM