Can Fire OS make android more efficient?

May 13, 2014
Visit site
My first experience with Fire OS was with the first Kindles. Wow it ran sluggish. Im guessing building a gimped OS on top of Android wasnt a bright idea. But over time with updates and with new hardware the Kindles now run better.

As a person who owned a Win8 phone I found the phone to run the Win8 mobile OS very efficiently. Everything was pretty speedy. And with 2200mah battery it still managed to run all day with brightness at 75% and wifi and 4g and locations all ways on. This was especially true while in locked mode.

Meanwhile I find that Android phones to be power hogs. Requiring both speed and battery life. Lock mode even draws a lot of battery life and I find my self needing to turn off location or wifi so i can last the day. I blame google services always needing to track you.

Anyone think that Amazons OS will override these Google policies and actually improve the android OS? Or is that impossible since Fire OS is built from Android?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am under the impression that this will be a skinned version of Android, thus probably not making it any more efficient. I could very well be wrong though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey