One disappointment is I haven't had luck finding a screen protector. The two I've tried did not work.

The problem is that when you initiate a call the screen goes blank and there is no button to end the call. To hang up I've been forced to turn the phone off. Also, I feel that the phone becomes less sensitive to gestures.

Tech support says the problem is with screen protectors and my experience supports that.

The two I've tried are both tempered glass. One had four corner holes for the proximity sensors; the other didn't.

Have you had any luck? Which one did you use?

Thanks,

LJS
    10-15-2014 11:56 AM
    i used the one made for s5 not the universal. i got mine at at&t store but i'm sure ebay has them too. they did have a hole on camera and speaker and button but that is all i do not have a issue with it not sensing my hand movements with this one. wish i knew which brand but i do not.
    10-15-2014 12:04 PM
    i used the one made for s5 not the universal. i got mine at at&t store but i'm sure ebay has them too. they did have a hole on camera and speaker and button but that is all i do not have a issue with it not sensing my hand movements with this one. wish i knew which brand but i do not.
    I wish you did too. I've tried three different ones with no luck. Two were tempered glass and one was a plastic membrane. Two had four holes in the corners for the proximity sensors. One (a tempered glass) did not.

The main problem seems to be with phone calls. As soon as you make the call the screen goes, and stays, blank. Thus there is no way to end the call or even to get control back other than restarting.

A shame.

If anyone has one that works I'd appreciate a heads up.

LJS
    11-03-2014 05:39 PM
    the problem is there is the proximity sensor just below the amazon fire phone's front camera.

many stupid screen-protector manufacturer don't notice that, so they make a useless screen-protector that cover the sensor, so when you make a call the screen is completely black.

so the only solution is buying the right one. Notice: from amazon website, most of the screen protector is wrong designed. you will know what I mean when you see it
    12-21-2014 02:36 PM
    I suggest use branded screen protector and dont remove it so many time otherwise its touch pad would be damage.
    02-12-2015 04:29 AM
    Fire phone has Gorilla glass. You shouldn't need a protector
    09-21-2015 07:17 AM