Netflix Requires Login Each Time App is Launched?

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Got my Amazon Fire TV yesterday, an impulse buy mostly knowing that I had 30 days to return it if I don't like/love it. Haven't had time to dive into it much, but overall pretty impressed with the UI response speed and how quickly apps launch and video load. What I did find is that each time I launched Netflix I had to login, entering my username and password. Seems to be a design flaw. Or perhaps intentional by Amazon to drive you to use their service? Other seeing the same thing?

Edit: Seems that if you just press the Home button the remote instead of using the Back button you don't close out Netflix and remain logged in. Seems to be a bit of a flaw in design.

Last edited:

SeaGail

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what's going on with your situation - I have no problem with it launching after my initial login/password entry (except yesterday afternoon when I got a white screen and defaulted to my Roku). Hope you figure out what's going on with your Fire TV.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Appears they addressed this as I noticed over the weekend I didn't have to reenter my login credentials.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jon Williams3

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I have been experiencing this problem on my Nexus device that I purchased about a month ago (July 1st, 2015). I had no idea how to fix it. So, I reset the device to factory settings and that seems to have fixed it.