Have a paid account with purevpn and can connect to firetv thru manual method of openvpn on windows

tharunam

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I have connected successfully with openvpn(paid service) using a windows 7 pro and Amazon fire tv.

My problem is that after about an hour worth of connection to a udp server on the purevpn network, it will get disconnected. Any suggestion how how to keep it going without it asking for the authuesr again?

The command I use to get connected is :

# openvpn --cd /sdcard/openvpn/ --config client.ovpn(Here I use the actual server name) - hit enter.

It will ask for the "enter auth username:", I enter my valid purevpn username..

It gets connected but then in about 1-1.5 hours it gets disconnected.

I wanted a solution to keep me connected until I decide to disconnet.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Moiz Ikram

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I actually had the same issue, I was using HMA but it was getting dc after every an hour. I researched alot
and came to solution that it’s not the VPN it’s the device which lets you disconnection after some time, what is the
Logic of 1 - 1.5 hours I don’t know.

I can prove you, see if this happens to one server or 2 servers it is acceptable, but if this happen to all servers
It’s something else. Try changing udp to tcp. Maybe that will help or

What you can do is, you can do what I did.
Connect VPN to router and then connect internet to firetv. This solved my issue.
I hope this will help you out as well.

Good luck

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with Moiz, In order to enjoy VPN on all of your devices you can flashing your current router with DD_WRT firmware .
DD-WRT is a free open source project aimed at developing a Linux based firmware solution that removes the restrictions placed on routers by their default programming. Fortunately, it has the option of selecting different VPN configurations like: PPTP, L2TP or OpenVPN and Once configured, users on the network don’t need to enter a log in process when they need to activate the VPN. It just starts automatically, so any device connects automatically and easily, giving you all the benefits of using a reliable VPN service.

In order to check whether your router is DD-WRT supported or not, please check your router here : Router Database | www.dd-wrt.com

And here is a configuration guide that will give you better idea of how you can config it on your router: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...revpn.com%2Fconfig%2Frouter%2F&token=KswCOwRW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2