Google Voice not working on Kindle Fire HD: won't sign in to Google account

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any tips? I recently updated to the newest version of GV from the Google Play Store and now it's asking me to sign into my account and it just keeps staying on the signing in part, a problem with KFHD and Google-related apps/services.

Anyone know if a work-around?

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, got it to work. I had to find an apk file on XDA that pertained to Google login services, so now it works perfectly.

somdave2005

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks my friend! Were you able to sign in on Google maps? I keep getting a "Login Failed"

Check my Dropbox for the apks:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rjbgzutz2749iwy/Rt42DaYJS6

Make sure you uninstall Google Voice from your device first (as with the other applications listed). Youtube also works (full sign in, view your uploads, etc).

Install GoogleLoginService.apk FIRST. Then you're good to go!

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Haven't been able to get Google Maps working, both with signing in to my account or finding my location. I use the maps program in the Amazon store and it finds my location fine. I think it was like Nokia maps or something.

hmick

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to get the speaktoit app to work on my fire hd & it tells me to download google voice services. Can someone tell me where I can find this app? Do I need to download the login service app listed above too? Thanks :)