Transfer .apk files from android tablet to Kindle Fire HD?

Larry Pager

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems that sideloading apps is easy using ES file explorer. The only thing that concerns me is downloading .apk files from mediafire, etc which could be from a possibly questionable source. Is it possible to copy the .apk files from my old tablet and transfer them to my KFHD? Or is something else being done to the .apk files to make them run on the kindle?

Thanks!

Larry Pager

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Either this is stupidly easy or Noble-prize winning difficult...

Right now I've got the .apks of chrome, dolphin browser, gmail, my uniqlo alarm and youtube 4.1.23 (not sure if this version will work on ICS)

Using my old android tablet rooted with JB and installed ES File Explorer from Google Play (it's free).
- click on AppMgr at the top of the screen
- long press the app you want the .apk of
- it will backup the .apk of the app you wanted.

From what I've heard, you may need some Google specific .apk files and looks like I narrowed it down to two So I made copies.
- Again, using ES File Explorer, long press the favorites icon
- click on system, then apps
- I made copies of GoogleServicesFramework.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk (I'm getting conflicting info on what is needed to run the youtube app) to sdcard/backups which is the same folder with my .apk files.

My KFHD is at home. So tonight, the plan is to try to install just the youtube app first- seems like the google .apk files are necessary to login, but I'm OK not logging in. If this doesn't work, uninstall this and install the youtube .apk from my ICS backup. If this doesn't work, then I'll start adding on the GoogleServicesFramework.apk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan