Office Suite?

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about the fire HD that is going to make or break my decision on whether or not to buy one. I am a football coach and I want to be able to use my tablet to show plays during practice instead of drawing on a white board. Is their some type of office suite available that would allow me to transfer a playbook that is in a PDF format to the fire and display it? I've done this on my old iPad but I really want a kindle fire because I'm an avid reader and a prime member. Guess I'm trying to get the best of both worlds. Thanks for your help!

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, yes you can. You can use Google Docs or some of the Office-like suites out there. I currently use OfficeSuite Pro (got it for free once) and Polaris Office (because it is free and came pre-loaded with my phone). And that's not just PDFs, also Office docs.

BTW, can't you get the Amazon Prime apps on iPad? I'm not sure, it's just a question... I know it's not the 'central experience' you'd get from a Kindle, but if it suits your current tablet (and let's face it, the iPad is still king...although I'm tempted to see how it fares now against the new Transformer Infinity Pad they announced last month...)

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks that eases my mind. I went ahead and ordered since the 7 inch was on sale, which I wanted anyway, the 8.9 was tempting though, but after playing with an iPad mini and nexus 7 I don't think I'll ever go back to a larger size.

Posted via Android Central App

U67swbg

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The best office suite for Android is SoftMaker Office Mobile (word processor TextMaker Mobile, spreadsheet PlanMaker Mobile, and presentation software SoftMaker Presentations Mobile). All of these programs offer the greatest scope of functions (many of them unique) compared to other available office suites; as one of manifold features they all enable you to create pdf files which later can be shown by you to your team with free pdf viewers such as Acobrat Reader. Another big plus is the best compatibility to Microsoft Office, you can open, edit, and save all Word, Excel, and PowerPoint formats without formatting losses. Download the free trial versions and have a look whether it meets your expectations

ncweber00

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The Kindle Fire HD comes with OfficeSuite free version by default. It's a so-so office app if you just want to view documents. However, I highly recommend getting QuickOffice Pro from the Amazon App Store. It is a well designed suite and it also handles PDF files.

Incidentally, I would also recommend CutePDF Writer for your PC to convert documents to PDF format without cost. It does this by using a postscript convert with your print spooler. So, basically, you print your document, select CutePDF Writer as your printer, and save the printout as a PDF file. Then you can e-mail your new doc to your Kindle e-mail account.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech