Looking to buy the Kindle Fire HD

Rik Boone

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey. I'm looking at buying the Fire HD for my girlfriend, for her birthday. She's currently got the Acer Iconia B1 tablet but it's really slow now. She mainly uses it for email, web browsing, eBay and online banking.

I saw that the Lloyds TSB banking app isn't compatible with the Fire HD. If I were to download Aptoide and get the app through there, would it work? It was the same with the Iconia, said it wasn't compatible, but worked when downloaded through Aptoide.

Would you say the tablet is worth getting for her?

Cheers

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much any android app will work when sideloaded except for ones that rely on Google services. I've side loaded banking apps to a kindle before no trouble. If you can spring to the hdx model I would, its superior in every way and will last longer due to specs not being outdated.

Posted via Android Central App

chmnh

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey. I'm looking at buying the Fire HD for my girlfriend, for her birthday. She's currently got the Acer Iconia B1 tablet but it's really slow now. She mainly uses it for email, web browsing, eBay and online banking.

I saw that the Lloyds TSB banking app isn't compatible with the Fire HD. If I were to download Aptoide and get the app through there, would it work? It was the same with the Iconia, said it wasn't compatible, but worked when downloaded through Aptoide.

Would you say the tablet is worth getting for her?

Cheers

I just bought the HD 16gig as amazon had it on sale at the time. I have been able to side load just about all the apps I have on my HTC DNA that aren't available through the Amazon app store. Just download a APK finder app from the app store and your good to go.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz