Amazon Fire tablet 5th generation home screen help??

MrsSmall

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've just purchased the new amazon fire tablet for my daughter as a Christmas present but the personalization options seem to be very limited. Does anyone know how I can remove unwanted apps from the main home screen? I can only seem to remove apps that I have installed! Thank you

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've just purchased the new amazon fire tablet for my daughter as a Christmas present but the personalization options seem to be very limited. Does anyone know how I can remove unwanted apps from the main home screen? I can only seem to remove apps that I have installed! Thank you

Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to long press the app and unpin it from the homescreen.

MrsSmall

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Nope, you only seem to be able to do that with apps you've downloaded rather them ones that were pre installed! It doesn't seem to be very customisable at all, even the lock screen is just an advertisement that can't be changed!! Xxx

eamarille

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Amazon's Launcher is crap. If you are technically inclined and really want to work on customization, I suggest googling how to install Nova Launcher on the kindle fire.

As far as the adverts, this was explained in the description of the 5th gen tablets, and is the reason why they can sell them for $50. Now, if you were going to go ahead and change the Launcher, I believe there is a way to get rid of the adverts as well. Oh, and all this can be done without rooting.

Cora996

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
It really is annoying and just plain silly that amazon will not let you customize the tablet the way you want, but what I did find out is.... that by long pressing the icons and dragging them all on top of other icons, it will create a folder and then you can put all those icons you dont want to see on top of each other into one little folder. I named this folder Junk, and got it out of my way. I hope this helps.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Since I was able to install Google Play Services and sideload the apps I use on my new Fire HD 8 I could care less whether or not they restrict their launcher. For what I paid for it I am very happy.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Root it. Really easy process using the super tool by Root Junky.
Then you can do with it what you wish.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

Headgas86

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I can't find online how to get the google play store on my old kindle fire without root. All I find is for the new one. If anyone can help me I'd very much appreciate it
Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
If you are a prime member and buy alot of crap from Amazon, you can call them and remind them what a great customer you are and ask nicely, most of the front line agents can remove the lock screen add.

As for adding Google play, very easy to add, no root or pc needed.

Google Play on Fire Tablet

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech