Fire HD Vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab A As Pure Consumption Device

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Looking for a pure consumption device. I own a Surface Pro 4 and a Note 5 phone. Both work well in tandem. The Surface Pro just doesn't cut it as a tablet (with the lack of decent "tablet apps) and the Note 5, while having decent battery life, can run down quick. Looking for that "sweet spot"...

We are heavy in the Amazon ecosystem. Prime, Prime Music, Prime Video, Amazon Echo, Kindle, Audible. I can do all of those on my Surface though with nearly half of that just in a browser rather than an app. The Kindle app on Windows (for touch devices) is weak and needs an update desperately.

Been looking at the FireHD 8 or a Samsung Galaxy Tab A as a reading/consumption device. Was wondering what the FireHD users thought of their devices. Thanks...

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab A would be my first priority, as Samsung Device are quite reliable.

True...my daughter had a Kindle Fire HDX that the screen stopped responding on and another friend had a Kindle Fire (first Gen) that simply stopped working...didn't know of the newer ones were more reliable or not.

RogMoore

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
True...my daughter had a Kindle Fire HDX that the screen stopped responding on and another friend had a Kindle Fire (first Gen) that simply stopped working...didn't know of the newer ones were more reliable or not.
Yeah, that's the thing, Samsung is amazing when it comes to quality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR