How Do You Play Games Without Internet Connection?

lilblu87

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to get a Kindle Fire 7" 8GB tablet for my Grandma who doesn't have Wi-Fi or internet at home. I think she'd enjoy playing the trivia, word, and card games. She gets tired of those paper puzzle books as there's little variety.

Is there a way to download the games onto the Kindle itself so she can play without an internet connection? Even if I download them from my house, I'm not sure that means they'd still be playable without an internet connection. I once borrowed my aunt's Kindle and out of about 30 games, only 5 were playable without an internet connection. I don't understand why that is, so I hope someone could shed some light on this. Thanks.

I looked on Amazon's website at the games (using my computer), but they don't list whether it needs an internet connection. Is there any other way to find this info?

Last edited:

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It would depend on the game. Lots of the card games can be played like that... There are plenty of games you can download and just play, read up on the game first...
I have a great air traffic controller one here :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A lot of games insist on looking on the internet for their ads - because the developer wants to "monetize" the app, and throwing ads at you is one way. I use my phone to play Solitaire all the time - with a few built-in ads, but it doesn't need an internet connection.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet is to find several of each genre of game you want, install them, and then turn off WiFi and play a couple of rounds of each. Anything that won't play or throws Internet connection errors gets deleted. You should be left with a decent selection of reasonable games (hopefully).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos