Any new tricks found to Chromecast netflix from Amazon fire 7"

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Could not resist the 33 sale price for the Fire 7" . I can easily get the full Google play store sideloaded, tons of info on that. But very murky bits n pieces about getting around the Amazon lockdown on Chromecast streaming from Netflix.

Anyone have any new info on how to accomplish this? Would the Chromecast/Google cast app , in the very least, be able to cast the whole screens

Would rooting it overcome this lockdown?

Any info helpful. I'm fairly techie, so even if it's a bit dodgy, I can probably understand.

Thank for any help
Diane

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've looked around and it seems like you can't use it to cast via Chromecast. Rooting could make it possible; however, from what I've seen on that is that limited number of Kindle tables (mainly earlier models) are rootable. Anything that's new won't be rootable and therefore can't be modified to run Google Play Services properly and cast.

You're best bet it to purchase a Fire stick if you want to cast.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've looked around and it seems like you can't use it to cast via Chromecast. Rooting could make it possible; however, from what I've seen on that is that limited number of Kindle tables (mainly earlier models) are rootable. Anything that's new won't be rootable and therefore can't be modified to run Google Play Services properly and cast.

You're best bet it to purchase a Fire stick if you want to cast.

I think you can install & run play store, but not the netflix casting.

This from xda is current.

[HOW-TO] Install Google Play Store (Fire OS … | Amazon Fire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol