Hi guys,

I just purchased a new Fire HD 10 tablet and I’m having problems updating the firmware.

I have set up the device and it’s connected to my WiFi and all looks good. It tells me that firmware 5.6.2.0 is available and starts to download it. The progress bar reaches the end, it tells me (very briefly) that the download has failed, and then starts to download the update again. This keeps happening in one big loop, and doesn’t give me a chance to stop it.

I’ve contacted Amazon chat who told me to reset my Fire HD 10 and start again, but it keeps doing the same thing. He then tells me to update manually by PC.

I’m trying to find out why I can’t update over WiFi. If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

Cheers, J
    10-18-2018 12:48 PM
    New=have it replaced. Never bother trying to fix something that they'll replace. If customer support gives you any problem, ask for them to elevate this to at least a supervisor - now. If the supervisor can't do anything, ask for an escalation to level 2. And make sure that everyone notes the call in the record, so you're covered as of the first call.

Amazon is usually pretty good but, as with any large organizations, they have a few "less wonderful" employees.
    10-23-2018 01:06 PM