Thinking about getting one of these tablets. I hear you can sideload the Play Store on it and use Android apps. I like to edit my photos on a tablet and would like to use Adobe Lightroom mobile and Snapseed. I was wondering if anyone tried this and how it works. Also can you upload photos to this with a SD card reader? Thank you
    10-23-2018 11:05 AM
    I'm an old film photographer. (Well, used to be - try finding film these days.) So I installed Snapseed. It's cute. It still doesn't allow burning in or dodging. And most pictures don't need a single "effect filter", they need burning in or dodging.

Upload photos to the app? No - "upload" means "send to another device". Edit a picture on an external SD card? I no longer ave the app installed ("cute idea but not too useful"' gets uninstalled) so you'll have to wait for someone else to answer that one.
    jkool likes this.
    10-23-2018 01:03 PM
    I'm an old film photographer. (Well, used to be - try finding film these days.) So I installed Snapseed. It's cute. It still doesn't allow burning in or dodging. And most pictures don't need a single "effect filter", they need burning in or dodging.

Upload photos to the app? No - "upload" means "send to another device". Edit a picture on an external SD card? I no longer ave the app installed ("cute idea but not too useful"' gets uninstalled) so you'll have to wait for someone else to answer that one.
    I think you misunderstand me... Upload the photos to the tablet with a devise like this.

USB C SD Card Reader, USB C Trail Game Camera Card Viewer Reader for Apple MacBook Pro, Samsung Galaxy S8, Type C Android Phone and Tablet (with Type-C and OTG function), No App Required https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0755714B4...cUvbUpU6378106
    10-23-2018 11:56 PM
    Probably is the answer, not actually tried it, but then why would you use an sd card reader, when you can just slot the sd card directly in to the kindle ?
    10-25-2018 12:19 PM