Hello there, I was given a Fire HD 8 Kids for our daughter but have massive trouble with the kids profile. For those who don't know, it is supposed to show a menue bar on the top of the screen which devides the contents into sections and underneath it should actually show all apps like a sliding bar. Easy to use for kids. What I see though is all apps randomly on the screen (like you see in the parents profile just no menue bar on top). If online it shows sections like "new books" or " picked for you" or something but if you go offline the downloaded apps are all randomly placed on the screen and on the bottom it sais "Your are currently offline" So what is wrong with it. I reseted it, I deleted the profile etc... nothing seems to change anything. The apps are playable but the tablet is very slow what I would not expect from a new device. I hoper there is someone out there who can walk me through a solution. I am happy to provide screenshots for a better understanding what my problem is. Thanks very much. Kate
    12-28-2018 04:57 AM
    It's a very slow device (electronically), which would explain why it's slow. And it's not new, it's about 18 months old. (Maybe you just bought it, but it was released in June 2017.)

Just by way of explanation. Someone who has one will have to talk you through getting the kid's mode set up properly.
    12-28-2018 03:00 PM