Installing certain apps in fire tablet.... issues! Pls advice

miserkris

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
My kiddo has a fire tablet. We're unable to install chrome, hangout, house party.... e.t.c

How to install these in fire?

Pls advice thx

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
All the Amazon Fires I have owned are pretty limited to what can be installed, only what's in the Amazon App Store.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
My kiddo has a fire tablet. We're unable to install chrome, hangout, house party.... e.t.c

How to install these in fire?

Pls advice thx
Is this a brand new Fire tablet? Ever had Amazon tablets before?

Their tablets are limited to only their store. They use a forked version of Android, with their own back-end services. Because of that, they don't use Google for anything. Not Google's Play Services, or their Play Store.

Now, following specific instructions, allowing unofficial installs, downloading four specific apk files from a site like apkpure through the Silk browser, and installing them in the right order, you can get the Google Play Store and Play Services running on the tablet. Then, log into your account and you can download any app from the Play Store to your tablet.

Just know that Amazon does not support this use, and won't help you if you have problems. Google is not responsible either as the tablet will be listed as an uncertified device.

However, I have 3 HD8 tablets in the house, and two of them are running Google Play with no issues. The third is the Kids version with Freetime on it. I could load Google Play on the adult account side, but it won't show up on the kids side, and non-Amazon sourced apps can't be sent to the child account side.

So, that begs the next question. Is the tablet you got the Kids Edition. If so, even if you were able to get Google Play on the adult account side, you wouldn't be able get anything you downloaded over to the Kids sides.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Central Lounge to the Kindle Fire HD forum for more specific traffic.

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
I liked the Fire 7 tablet I had (with Google Play sideloaded) yet it would not recognize some Google store apps - so I switched to an Android tablet - more flexibility - especially with different launchers like Nova. And the use of Widgets.

Edit: I just checked my tablet features - adding a child user is available (time and permission restricting options) from the add icon description.

Last edited:

traysz33

Jan 10, 2020
Visit site
I have a Fire H D 10 (9th gen) and I've added Google Play Store. I want to download the Redbox app (to rent DVDs from a Redbox machine, not the app used to stream movies) but Google Play says it's not compatible. Can anyone tell me how I would go about loading the Redbox apk file and where would I could find one I can trust?

Last edited:

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Kindle Fire HD 8. I'd like to get Google Sheets & Docs. Can someone point me to directions to sideload the Play store or these apps?