I know it might be "early" -- but any thoughts or news (I haven't seen any yet myself) on how Amazon plans to implement "parental" controls in a mixed-use household. With as coupled as everything is to Amazon, I'm certain that the 3rd party parental controls apps won't be sufficient.

The last thing I want is my 8 year old having purchasing power over my Prime+Amazon Market account!
    09-29-2011 10:43 AM
    I know it might be "early" -- but any thoughts or news (I haven't seen any yet myself) on how Amazon plans to implement "parental" controls in a mixed-use household. With as coupled as everything is to Amazon, I'm certain that the 3rd party parental controls apps won't be sufficient.

The last thing I want is my 8 year old having purchasing power over my Prime+Amazon Market account!
    ^^^^^^^^
    !!![THIS]!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    09-30-2011 12:21 PM
    Since there seems to be a lack of additional thoughts on this post...

Can I borrow your amazon.com prime login for my son to use when the Fire arrives. He promises to only do "good" with it! :-)
    10-11-2011 08:49 PM

I certainly wouldn't know yet. That's a good question. I would hope they would have an option to NOT remember your pw.
    10-12-2011 05:04 AM
    Any new words on this?
    11-15-2011 03:20 PM
    Any new words on this?
    From the Amazon Website

Amazon.com Help: Amazon Appstore on Kindle Fire Troubleshooting

Parental Controls

I want to set up parental controls for in-app purchases.

To set up parental controls, tap Apps from the Home screen and select "Store." Tap the Menu icon, select "Settings," then tap "Parental Controls." From this screen, you can either require your Amazon.com password to make in-app purchases or set up a 4-digit PIN. With either setting, you will have to enter your password or PIN before all in-app purchases.

I want to set up parental controls for all Amazon Appstore purchases.

At this time, parental controls are only available for in-app purchases.
    11-15-2011 03:48 PM
    from the amazon website, go to "your account", then "1-click settings", and turn off 1-click for the fire. this option is only there once you've turned your fire on and connected to amazon.

note: it doesn't seem to work correctly for apps, but it prevents purchases of movies, music and books without password.
    11-19-2011 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD