View Poll Results: Will you buy more from Amazon now?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 70.59%
  • No

5 14.71%
  • Unsure

5 14.71%
    Let's face it, it's gonna be like an old fashioned electronic Sears Catalog, right in your hands; instant videos, mp3, books/magazines, games, audio books for use WITH the Fire. But then with Christmas around the corner, I figure because it's easier just there in my hands, I might be more apt to look for durable goods such as clothes, jewelry, electronics, etc.
    You can buy an iPad on a Fire thru Amazon, but you can't go thru Itunes to buy a Fire.
    For the first time, I may fall prey to a background ploy for my money..and enjoy it while I'm doing it.

Will YOU buy more from Amazon if they make it easier and more convenient with this tablet?
    10-02-2011 02:46 PM
    10-08-2011 06:56 AM
    Once you have prime (at least with a 30-day trial), the free 2 day shipping on everything is addicting, and most people buy more than if they only had the free week-long shipping if you buy over 25 bucks.
    10-11-2011 12:27 PM
    Once you have prime (at least with a 30-day trial), the free 2 day shipping on everything is addicting, and most people buy more than if they only had the free week-long shipping if you buy over 25 bucks.
    And THAT, my friend, is the reason this thing will take off.
    10-11-2011 01:29 PM
    the real price of this is $280. Getting a Fire without Amazon Prime is a stupid idea.
    10-11-2011 10:16 PM
    the real price of this is $280. Getting a Fire without Amazon Prime is a stupid idea.
    huh? how do you figure?
    10-11-2011 10:58 PM
    Okay, Amazon is doing one thing right. Like Apple they are putting a tablet out that has defined parameters. People like this thing because it puts one store in your hands and gives a few extras to the experience. People aren't after this thing for the tablet experience, they want it for the Amazon experience.

This is what's happening. Apple made a All in One store to cater to it's hardware it was trying to sell. Amazon is making a (less pocket denting) tablet device to cater to it's All in One store.

You buy Apple for STATUS, then you buy a Kindle Fire for everything else you want in life.
    In my opinion Amazon has a better strategy.

The Kindle Fire and the iPad are playing two different games. The Kindle is better at both.

In no way am I condoning closed Operating Systems, but Amazon is about to show Apple how to profit from "EASE OF USE".
    10-12-2011 02:39 AM
    huh? how do you figure?
    Fire $199.00 +
    Prime $79.00 (per year)
    $279.00
    10-12-2011 04:52 AM
    Prime rocks, I love the free shipping
    10-12-2011 10:50 AM
    I've already been a PRIME customer for 18 months now, the Kindle Fire is just a nice bonus for me. I agree, having the Fire w/o PRIME makes little sense.
    10-23-2011 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD