Let me first say I like this device so far... I actually returned my ipad 2 to go with the Fire.

Does anyone else have a backlight bleed around any of the edges? I have two small spots on the bottom edge that are visible when the screen is black. This was an issue with the ipad 2 also and sometimes disappeared after the adhesive had more time to set. The ipads were flying off the line so they did not get adequate cure time.

Thought?
    11-15-2011 09:14 PM
    I've got it as well...same area as you. 2 spots on the bottom...one big spot in the middle of the bottom edge and a slight bleed to the left of that one. Not sure if it's worth returning if it's a common problem...
    11-15-2011 10:24 PM
    I agree. Just trying to see if it is common issue before I do anything.
    11-16-2011 10:02 AM
    Yep, I've got one spot too. Wonder if it is common...
    11-17-2011 01:52 PM
    Don't notice it at a glance but need to verify in a dark room...

Wonder if its related to the ports...
    11-17-2011 02:24 PM
    I noticed this too. There's two spots at the bottom center edge of the screen directly above the ports. It's more apparent in a dark room at full brightness (when the device initially powers up and displays the Kindle Fire logo against the black screen at full brightness or when I'm watching a 4:3 format movie in Netflix in landscape mode).

I found this thread in addition to this one when I was searching as to whether it was a common issue (I'm leaning towards it is).

There are other users that have reported the same thing in the same location. I can't say that I've noticed it or it's become such a distraction that I need to request a replacement (and the hassle or risk of getting one that's worst). No dead pixels that I can see, no dust, no scratches. I use my Kindle Fire at 50% brightness during normal usage (I find maximum setting to be too bright).
    11-20-2011 06:51 PM
    11-20-2011 06:52 PM
    I also had light bleed on the upper left side, below the IR sensor. I had a replacement sent and it also has light bleed in the exact location as the original. My main concern is that it could worsen with use/time. It is distracting when watching tv shows/movies with dark backdrops (which is very frequent). I'm not sure if I should get a third sent. Is this the norm and most people never notice it or is it a certain batch? Is there any other evidence to suggest what lostaggie said about not giving adequate cure time?
    12-05-2011 02:11 PM
    I tested mine in a dark room and couldn't notice it at all... can someone post a pic of this?
    12-05-2011 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD