Got the kindle fire yesterday and cannot install any apps onto it from the store because it says "An error has occurred while purchasing Angry Birds Free - please try again"

Just insert the name of any app instead of any birds and it does the same thing.
    11-17-2011 06:54 AM
    try powering down. hold the power button for 20 seconds until it turns off.

then wait a minute, and turn it back on.

also, i think you have to enable that "one-click" purchase thing from amazon.
    11-17-2011 08:30 AM
    I turned off one-click immediately (since it shipped with it on). I haven't had any trouble installing apps, with either amazon or 3rd party apks...
    11-17-2011 09:41 AM
    Same problem ...apps will download but once i try to install apps show they are installing but never finish the installation. They show up on the kindle fire cloud but not to the device
    11-18-2011 08:52 PM
    This happened to me too. I could download the app but it would get stuck on installing it. I had just turned 1-click off in Amazon but I am not sure if this caused this. I did finally get it working by going into the Settings for Applications and clearing the cache for the Amazon Market app.
    11-21-2011 08:33 AM
    I ended up having to turn 1-click back on to get some apps to install. Sucky.
    11-21-2011 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD