Kindle Fire version of apps... (pay again!)

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So I see that Plants vs Zombies, the version I already bought on the amazon app store, is not the version that shows up now. They apparently went and made a "kindle fire" version, that supposedly has higher resolution. And they want you to buy it all over again. Never mind the fact that I'm like halfway through the adventure and want to continue from where I was.

On one hand I'm glad to see apps taking advantage of greater screen resolution and real estate. But on the other hand I'm thinking this should be done as an update to the existing product. I actually went ahead and bought it to see if there was anything different, any new play modes, levels, etc. As far as I can tell nothing. I probably wouldn't have noticed the increased resolution if I hadn't been looking for it (I had previously played on a 4.5" infuse at 800x600).

FWIW I was able to load the apk from my existing pvz just fine as well.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes I can blame them. Its on them to make the app work on our platforms....

Can you imagine if they sold a different version of apps in the regular market for each phone and tablet out there?

Now if they wanted to make a new generic "PVZ HD", maybe. But to make a version for just one platform is the start of a trend I do not care for...

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I can use the pvz on the galaxy tab and the atrix with no problem. You should be able to download again without cost.