Looking to trade (down?) to a Kindle Fire

atetrack

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased an Asus EEE Pad Transformer to replace a PC and it hasn't been living up to my expectations in that regard, but I still do enjoy my tablet. I've been thinking of selling my tablet and keyboard bundle and buying a Kindle Fire and putting the rest of the money towards a PC. How much would I be missing if I went through with this. I love the Kindle store and how I can stream music and movies from both Netflix and Amazon (Prime is awesome). I'm a little worried about losing a dedicated Gmail app, as well as some of the other handy Google apps. Games aren't super important - I mostly play Angry Birds or Solitare if I'm playing anything. Is there anything else I should take into account before I make this move, and does it sound like a good idea?

Thanks.

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I am a kindle fire owner and a noob in the forums (former bb User) and honestly not a bad plan for your needs. The question is if the google apps matter that much to you. If you are used the the transformer you might lose functionality you never knew you needed. But since you love amazon content and will also buy a PC seems good enough to me.

xr3llx

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like an easy decision. Added portability and seamless integration with the services you love with the only stated draw-back being one that's easily overcome. Fire all the way, you'll love it.

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I must admit I owned 2 ipad 2 one white one black and a bb playbook. Sold them all and bought a cheap acer 11.6" netbook and my kindle fire. I like this tablet more for its portability and flash so it runs all sites and vids but yes its much slower and lagier compared to the tablets I mentioned but I must say you'll always need a Pc no matter what.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased an Asus EEE Pad Transformer to replace a PC and it hasn't been living up to my expectations in that regard, but I still do enjoy my tablet. I've been thinking of selling my tablet and keyboard bundle and buying a Kindle Fire and putting the rest of the money towards a PC. How much would I be missing if I went through with this. I love the Kindle store and how I can stream music and movies from both Netflix and Amazon (Prime is awesome). I'm a little worried about losing a dedicated Gmail app, as well as some of the other handy Google apps. Games aren't super important - I mostly play Angry Birds or Solitare if I'm playing anything. Is there anything else I should take into account before I make this move, and does it sound like a good idea?

Thanks.

Well you'll be fine on games. :) Obviously you're good to go on movies as well.

In terms of Google Apps your options are limited if they exist at all. The email client is "meh" at best. It's fine for writing and responding to email, but it's simply not up to par with the Android GMail app. Maybe in time this will come, as the Amazon App Store is still in its infancy, but I wouldn't expect it to replace your gmail app. You can still use gmail on the web and its pretty effective (and more feature-rich than the default email app).

There's no calendar, maps, etc., most of that stuff either. Again, maybe in time and all of this can be accessed through the web.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX