So I bought a Kindle Fire for my 9 year old girl for Christmas (she turns 10 in Jan). Is the perfect gift for her because she loves to read and with a few games and Netflix (I already pay for it) she will freaking love it!!

So I get it home and register with my Amazon account, after I do this I see my Audible books on the home screen! I have Audible on my iPod Touch so I guess it just added the books when I logged into Amazon. So I try to delete them with no luck, either you can't or I just can't figure it out. So I figure next best thing would be to delete the Audible app, no luck there either.

It norm wouldn't be a problem but I have all the Dexter books and don't think that is anything I want my 10 year old daughter to be able to listen too.

Also I don't want to root the KF, so if anybody could help thanks.

I haven't tried to go into Audible and delete them because I just haven't had time to mess with it, but that is the next step for me to try.
    12-05-2011 01:26 PM
    It comes preloaded and cant be removed, but if you dont log into it she shouldnt be anle to access your collection.
    --
    Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    12-05-2011 01:44 PM
    It comes preloaded and cant be removed, but if you dont log into it she shouldnt be anle to access your collection.
    --
    Thats what I figured. Does Amazon own Audible? I never logged onto the Audible on the KF and the books showed up?
    12-05-2011 01:50 PM
    Thats what I figured. Does Amazon own Audible? I never logged onto the Audible on the KF and the books showed up?
    Yes, Audible is owned by Amazon. Since you don't want to root, you could create a new Amazon account for her Kindle.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-05-2011 04:10 PM
    Yes, Audible is owned by Amazon.
    I didn't know that.
    --
    12-05-2011 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD