Thanks!
    12-06-2011 08:21 AM
    CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread

"CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones."
    12-06-2011 09:03 AM
    Ok.. So it’s more something for people that like to really hack around with their device..

If I am happy with most of the Amazon content and I have rooted and installed the Android Market and then Unrooted so I don’t lose any of the Amazon functions then I would probably be a person that would never mess around with CM7..

Thanks!
    12-06-2011 04:01 PM
    CM7 makes your Kindle Fire a lot quieter. :P
    12-06-2011 07:38 PM
    They're still have audio issues I take it?
    12-07-2011 07:30 AM
    If by "audio issues" you mean "the audio doesn't work at all," then yes. lol.

I don't think anybody is actually working on getting sound working on cm7. The dev who got cm7 running said he was moving on to ICS. Then another dev got ICS running on the kindle fire (again, without sound or wifi if you search youtube he has a video showing what works in ICS on a KF. )

There is a lot of heated development going on, though. Several people are working on building a kernel for it.
    12-07-2011 01:10 PM
    Just an update for anybody that cares... Another dev has picked up where the original dev stopped working on it. Apparently he has sound working, and netflix streaming now.

Here's the xda forums link talking about progress.: No downloads yet with the new stuff, but maybe soon.
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Building CM7 for Kindle Fire
    12-13-2011 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD