I was very excited to have the Kindle Fire, and indeed I'm still excited but there are things that should be changed and I don't know if you guys agree with me.

I'll list here the issues that I hate about Kindle Fire

1) I can't turn off the auto-correction option.
    2) The Wi-Fi is killed when power button is pressed (in the blank screen no Wi-Fi).
    3) Sideloading is amazing, but not all features working, example: Twitter for Android doesn't push notifications, I need to manually refresh the list.
    4) The download process gets disappeared when I press home.

That's it. If you have solutions to any of these, please make a comment.

Thanks.

~Abed
    12-06-2011 10:04 AM
    I faced similar issue. Actually the auto-correction off works. It is the 'Auto-suggest' feature (the list of words appears on top of the keyboard) is causing this. You will see one of the words is pre-selected in yellow - and it may not be the one you typed. You have to tap onto the word you typed in the list (it appears as the first choice) - otherwise it replaces the word you type with the one is selected by default.

It is annoying - but you will still be able to type. But you still have to proofread everything before sending.

My wifi comes back on when i wake the unit up...no issues for me there

Have found that not everything sideloaded works, had it freeze on me a few times on some apps

hope this helps somewhat
    12-07-2011 07:24 AM
    The wifi shut off is done for battery reasons. It would be nice if they gave you a choice to toggle its behavior.

The notifications are not as good as stock.

All these things can be fixed or improved with updates or other roms in the future.
    12-07-2011 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD